It's time for another Monday Made It!
So here is what I did...I dyed some rice blue. All I used was some rubbing alcohol and food coloring. My kids informed me that it smelled bad :)
Then I used some trusty duck tape to back the tiles. Since they were clear I was afraid students wouldn't be able to read them if I just threw them in with the rice.
I also discovered that I need new scissors.
They turned out great! I filled the container (that I got at the dollar store) about 1/2 way with rice and added 1/2 of the tiles. Then I put more rice and the remainder of the tiles on top. Then I shook it up. I had fun shaking it and finding tiles so I know the kiddos will love it! I put long and short a chunks in this container to use in RtI groups with 2nd grade during the first week of school as a review. I need to dye some more rice and make more of these...real/nonsense words, long/short vowels, sight words...the possibilities are endless!
Kathi (inspired by Stephany & Stephanie)